Re: 1906 census

  • E.Rodier
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 31, 2003
      Nancy was lucky that her relatives lived in an area with a census taker who
      wrote names the transcribers could read (grin)

      A Brown family found at Claresholm has the correct surname guessed from
      unusual handwriting because the head of household has the same name in the
      land grants database. Some of the more difficult names without land grants
      were just a guess and arrived in Alberta after the 1901 census. -- Elizabeth

      http://www.afhs.ab.ca
    • Marg Randall McCready
      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 1, 2003