Changing your email address?

  • owner-dist-gen@rumbolt.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 30 2:09 PM
      Dist-gen is now automated so you need to follow the steps in the FAQ
      which is posted at:
      http://www.afhs.ab.ca/dist-gen.html

      For your convenience they are:

      following command in the BODY of your email message:

      unsubscribe dist-gen

      or from another account, besides the one you subscribed from:

      Subscribe: Send mail to <majordomo@...> with ONLY the following
      command in the BODY of your email message:

      subscribe dist-gen

      It doesn't matter what is in the subject line.

      Please note you will need to receive 4 messages from the software before
      you succeed in subscribing. (You only get one when you successfully
      unsubscribe).

      Most of the maintenance activities such as subscribe, unsubscribe and
      change of address for the dist-gen list are handled by the list server
      program and response is immediate. The program requires that commands be
      in a specific format. If it does not understand your command it will
      bounce the message back to you. Just fix it up and resend it.

    • owner-dist-gen@rumbolt.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 30 2:12 PM
        Sorry about the double post. I caught the spelling mistake and the
        computer said it hadn't sent the first message but it lied.