Re: [MBWINNIPEG-L] Vital Statistics

  • Cathi
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 21, 2003
      How wonderful! I never knew my great-uncles were married in Manitoba!

      Cathi McLean
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 22, 2003
        Carol, Elizabeth and others:

        Thanks for reassuring me.

        I have spent the last 15 minutes or so looking for my late husband's
        parents' marriage which took place in Daughin in October 1921 and could
        not find it.

        I have the marriage certificate so know it is in their records.

        Perhaps we should all wait a day or two until the system settles down.

        Many thanks Carol for bringing this to our attention.

        Rene

        > I think it must be a system overload, as there are other people saying that
        > can't get anything either. I checked out some names that I got last night
        > too and get nothing this morning.

        http://www.afhs.ab.ca
      • Linda Murray
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 22, 2003
          Hi Rene & List,
          I was so excited yesterday when I received the message re: vital stats
          online. I started looking up various members of my family with success!
          About 11 p.m. last night, the searches stopped working......so I just
          assumed they were having problems possibly with overload. Rene, I assume
          that was a typo and you were searching for a marriage in Dauphin? My Gram
          (who is still living) was also married in Dauphin in 1921. I was born there
          as were many of my family. Hopefully, the system is up and working again
          soon. Thanks to Carol for bringing it to our attention.
          Linda Murray

          > I have spent the last 15 minutes or so looking for my late husband's
          > parents' marriage which took place in Daughin in October 1921 and could
          > not find it.
          >
          > I have the marriage certificate so know it is in their records.
          >
          > Perhaps we should all wait a day or two until the system settles down.
          >
          > Many thanks Carol for bringing this to our attention.
          >
          > Rene
          >
          > > I think it must be a system overload, as there are other people saying
          that
          > > can't get anything either. I checked out some names that I got last
          night
          > > too and get nothing this morning.

        • Ellen Kinghorn
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 22, 2003
            I've visited the site and printed off lists of the surname SELBY for all
            matches of deaths and marriages but so far have been unable to access
            births. The problem may be overloads at the time I am there, so I go back
            and try after a period of time.

            I tried EVANS but think there may be too many and it may overload.

            Excellent site. Every province should be so lucky.

            Ellen

              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 22, 2003
                OK I just tried SELBY on marriages since you had successfully obtained
                these. It came back as no hits so guess Carol's explanation of overload is
                probably correct though I also tried it last night/this morning at 2 a.m.

                I guess I will have to keep trying as my greataunt married in Winnipeg and I
                am hopeful it was registered! I do have the exact date and place from her
                grandson's copy of the record but am not sure if this was the certificate
                given at the time and not from vital records.

                Xenia

                > OK I'll bite but what am I doing wrong. I searched for a 1907 marriage
                that
                > I know occurred in Winnipeg but I cannot retrieve it by either bride or
                > groom's name nor by the date and place.
                >
                > Is there some trick? :-)
                >

                > Xenia

              • Rene Dussome
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 22, 2003
                  Dear Linda:

                  > Rene, I assume
                  > that was a typo and you were searching for a marriage in Dauphin?

                  You are right - it was a typo.

                  > My Gram
                  > (who is still living) was also married in Dauphin in 1921. I was born there
                  > as were many of my family.

                  The next time we meet I would appreciate it if you would tell me a
                  little about Dauphin.

                  My in-laws' marriage took place in the Roman Catholic Church in Dauphin.
                  The groom lived in Laurier, Manitoba and the bride in Crane River,
                  Manitoba. I know nothing about either of these places.

                  Thanks for your comments.

                  Rene