Fw: [MBWINNIPEG-L] Vital Statistics

  • Carol Lylyk
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 21, 2003

      > Here it is at LAST!
      > a Searchable Index for MB:
      >
      > Births more than 100 years ago
      > Marriages more than 80 years ago
      > Deaths more than 70 years ago
      >

      > http://web2.gov.mb.ca/cca/vital/Query.php
      >
      > Happy Hunting

      Carol Lylyk

      http://www.afhs.ab.ca
    • Judie Riddell
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 21, 2003
        What a wonderful resource. Thanks for letting me know. I already found
        someone who has eluded me for years.

        Judie Riddell

        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 22, 2003
          OK I'll bite but what am I doing wrong. I searched for a 1907 marriage that
          I know occurred in Winnipeg but I cannot retrieve it by either bride or
          groom's name nor by the date and place.

          Is there some trick? :-)

          Xenia

          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 22, 2003
            Surname search that worked Friday night did not show any names early
            Saturday morning. System overload? I'm looking for someone born in Manitoba
            who moved to the Calgary area before the 1906 census but haven't found his
            family yet.
            Elizabeth

            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 22, 2003
              I suppose it would depend upon whether they registered the marriage. I know
              my husbands grandparents (married 1903) never registered) as I had a search
              down by the Vital Statistics office.

              Carol Lylyk
              > OK I'll bite but what am I doing wrong. I searched for a 1907 marriage
              that
              > I know occurred in Winnipeg but I cannot retrieve it by either bride or
              > groom's name nor by the date and place.
              >
              > Is there some trick? :-)
              >

              > Xenia

              http://www.afhs.ab.ca
            • Carol Lylyk
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 22, 2003
                I think it must be a system overload, as there are other people saying that
                can't get anything either. I checked out some names that I got last night
                too and get nothing this morning.

                Carol Lylyk

                > Surname search that worked Friday night did not show any names early
                > Saturday morning. System overload? I'm looking for someone born in
                Manitoba
                > who moved to the Calgary area before the 1906 census but haven't found his
                > family yet.
                > Elizabeth

              • E.Rodier
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 22, 2003
                  Fortunately I'd kept the screen captures for wanted names checked in
                  Manitoba. Didn't have success saving the web pages with a common method.
                  Elizabeth

                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 22, 2003
                    Hi Elizabeth,
                    I found if you high-light what you want to save, go to File - Save as - and
                    saved it to My Documents. Then I went into Word Perfect, opened it,
                    highlighted it again and saved as the same thing you get rid of their grey
                    boxes around the data and it saves it in a nicer format. I could also save
                    it in a format that could be imported into FTM notes.

                    Carol Lylyk