Irish SIG mtg March 26

  • Lois Sparling
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 19, 2003
      The Irish SIG's next meeting is on Wed, March 26 at 7 pm in the AFHS
      library at Soutnminster United Church. This is Green Night so we should
      discuss resources for researching RC ancestors. Gloria Moore has
      volunteered to tell us a bit about her favoute Irish saint(s).. We will
      also discuss the proposal that the currently dormant Scottish SIG join
      us. If anyone has some green beer left over from St. Patrick's Day, we
      will help you finish it off. Finally, I have been asked to bring my
      scrapbook about my grandmother's life to the meeting so that interested
      people can look it over.

      Irish SIG members note that I have switched computers and my Irish SIG
      email list is kind of lost. Probably time to update it anyway. Anyone
      interested in receiving the minutes of our meetings and the extra emails
      that circulate on our Irish SIG mailing list, please send me your email
      addresses.

      At our April 23 meeting, Lorna Laughton and I will be discussing Irish
      Quakers and Methodists. Bob Westbury will be giving a book review on
      "The Present Case of Ireland". We do not have a specific topic for our
      May 28 meeting. It would be nice to hear from someone about their trip
      to Ireland. We are also interested in Irish dancing if anyone can
      enlighten us.

      Lois Sparling