Happy Saint Patrick's Day to you!

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 17, 2003
      Happy Saint Patrick's Day to all from the Emerald Isle or whose ancestors
      hail from there. And to all the wanna-bes, like me!

      Although I do not have a drop of Irish blood myself, my children are more
      Irish than any other nationality.

      Anyway hope everyone has a great day whatever nationality!

      Cheers,

      Xenia Stanford (president@...)
      President, Stanford Solutions Inc.
      Editor-in-Chief, KnowMap: The Knowledge Management, Auditing and Mapping
      Magazine http://www.knowmap.com
      Full contact details
      http://www.knowmap.com/ssi/contact.html
      For courses and other Products see
      http://www.knowmap.com/ssi/knowledgemapping.html

      http://www.afhs.ab.ca
    • Bob McNarry
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 17, 2003
        Xenia Stanford wrote:

        > Happy Saint Patrick's Day to all from the Emerald Isle or whose ancestors
        > hail from there. And to all the wanna-bes, like me!
        >
        > Although I do not have a drop of Irish blood myself, my children are more
        > Irish than any other nationality.
        >
        > Anyway hope everyone has a great day whatever nationality!
        >
        > Cheers,
        >
        > Xenia Stanford (president@...)

        Thanks Xenia, my ancestors hail from Donaghadee in County Down! Names wirh
        the spelling McNarry are quite rare.

        Chees, Bob McN

        http://www.afhs.ab.ca
      • Alan Muise-Benner
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 17, 2003
          Thank you, Xenia. I too would like to pass on my wishes to all, on this
          festive occasion on the Emerald Isle, and elsewhere.

          Sona La Le Phadraig agus Slainte!

          Al

          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 17, 2003
            Forgot to give you my children's Irish surnames:

            O'Loghlin/O'Loughlin County Clare -

            From cemetary and tombstone in Notre Dame des Neiges cemetary, Montréal.
            Tombstone reads: "In memory of James O'Loghlin, a native of Liscannor Co.
            Clare,
            Ireland died 2 June 1884 aged 60 years and of his beloved wife Ellen McGrath
            died 22 Jan 1888 aged 72 years".

            Also of Martin O'Loghlin died 30 March 1892 aged 60 years and of Mary
            Mullins
            a native of Clin Co. Limerick, Ireland, beloved wife of Martin O'Loghlin
            died 18 April 1886 aged 63 years. 'May Their souls rest in peace Amen'."

            James and Martin were brothers - the family legend was that 5 brothers all
            set sail from Ireland (date unknown) - all were pub owners. 3 went on to the
            U.S. James initially worked as a policeman in Montreal and Martin was the
            principal owner of the pub. Later split into two pubs. - one owned by Martin
            & sons at corner of Prince and Ottawa streets, the other by James & sons at
            the corner of Lagauchetiere and Hermine Street. Not sure what happened to
            Martin's sons but pub. was gone by turn of the century. One inherited by
            James' son was kept in family until about 1930.

            Harrington/Driscoll of County Cork, Ireland

            At least three sons came to Canada. All were shoe-makers. First Canadian
            marriage recorded in 1845 in Montreal. Son from which my children descend
            was Jeremiah Harrington who in 1853 married Anne Murphy (one of his brothers
            married Anne's sister), daughter of then deceased Patrick Murphy, tailor,
            and Anastasia Shea, origin Ireland (but no county given). John Harrington,
            son of Jeremiah and Anne, married Margaret McKeown, born in Ireland,
            daughter of Charles McKeown (McKeon) and Mary Anne Lyons. Curiously, Patrick
            Murphy is not listed as deceased at his other daughter's wedding 2 weeks
            later. He is listed as a labourer on that one but on his son's marriage (to
            Mary Greely) in 1861 he was listed as deceased tailor. I know the two brides
            (Anne and Elizabeth) were sisters because it says so in the marriage records
            and that they married brothers (also because says so in marriage records)
            and both were minors so the mother gave her permission. Thus I believe
            Patrick Murphy was deceased before 1853 though I did find a Patrick Murphy,
            tailor, listed in a Montreal business directory around 1845.

            Shea/Connor(s)/McKeon/Dowd -

            Maurice Patrick Shea, born August 01, 1794 (according to military record
            Trien, Knockanure, County Kerry, Ireland; according to his "supposed"
            statement in Cork City, Cork) married Mary Connor in February 1824 somewhere
            in County Kerry.

            Their son Walter Joseph Shea married Alice McKeon, daughter of Patrick
            McKeon and Ann Dowd of Fermanagh, Ireland. Ann's parents were Daniel Dowd
            and Ann McHugh. Patrick's parents were Cornelius McKeon and Elizabeth
            McMannus, who were present at son's wedding in Montreal on July 29, 1845.

            So if any of you recognize the names perhaps we can share information for
            St. Patrick's Day!

            Phone: (403) 295-3490; Fax: (403) 274-0564

            http://www.afhs.ab.ca
          • Mertie
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 17, 2003
              Hi Xenia:

              I have a good Irish name: Beatty, but neither my husband nor I have
              even one drop of Irish blood. Art took his step dad's name after growing up
              as part of the Beatty clan. But we do wear GREEN.

              Mertie Beatty