National Registration File of 1940

  • Linda
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 14, 2003
      For those of you thinking of getting these records, I am sending you
      some correspondence I received this past week.

      "The information provided in the article is correct when it states that
      searches related to your own personal information are free. However
      this does not apply to requests for information related to other
      persons including family members. The standard fee of $48.15 still
      applies for such requests.

      A standard fee of $48.15 ($45 search fee and $3.15 GST) is charged for
      each search undertaken that is successful in locating the requested
      record. Credit cards are accepted."

      This was received from:
      Jacques Dubois
      Census Microfilm and Pension Search Sub-unit
      Census Operations Division
      Statistics Canada
      B1E-34, Jean Talon Building
      Tunney’s Pasture