Re: Trewhella Books

  • The Kashubas
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 12, 2003
      Ellen, I have the following info from our visit to the area in Sept 2001.

      Historical Societies
      Ralph Magel
      Newmarket Historical Society
      Box 22 - 534 Timothy Street
      Newmarket, ON  L3Y 1R1        905-895-3930

      Joy Davis
      East Gwillimbury Historical Society
      RR 2 - 19210 Warden Avenue
      Queensville, ON  L0G 1R0        905-478-4747

      Museums & Galleries
      The Elman W. Campbell Museum
      134 Main Street S.
      Newmarket ON  L3Y 3Y7        905-953-5314

      Markham District Historical Museum
      9350 Highway 48
      Markham, ON  L3P 3J3        905-294-4576

      Hope these might help you.  I have other sources that may or may not be of interest to you.  Contact me if you wish.
      Kathy Kashuba
      Hi Everyone:  On the off chance someone may have heard of these books or actually have them, I am posting a query to this list.

      "The Story of Sharon" (Ontario) and "History of the Town of Newmarket" by Ethel Willson Trewhella.

      I have tried the Sharon Temple Museum (closed for Winter), and telephoned both "Great Books on Main" and "Bonapartes Repeat Books" of Newmarket and have no luck as yet.  Also tried various sources on the internet.  Any assistance would be appreciated.

      Ellen Kinghorn
      Email: ellen@...
      Webpage: www.kinghorn.ca
      Researching: Evans, Briggs, Selby, Watson, Weatherhead, Carr, Downey, Roadhouse and Scott in Ontario.
    • Lorna Laughton
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 12, 2003
        Message

        Hi Ellen:

        I am assuming from your message that you would like to buy copies of these books, not just borrow them on Interlibrary Loan through the Calgary Public Library. You might want to send an e-mail to Sandra and Rick Roberts at Global Genealogy in Milton, Ontario. They sometimes sell used genealogy and local history books, but these books aren't put on their web site.

        Sandra is at sandra@.... They are both really helpful people.

        Lorna

        Hi Everyone:  On the off chance someone may have heard of these books or actually have them, I am posting a query to this list.

        "The Story of Sharon" (Ontario) and "History of the Town of Newmarket" by Ethel Willson Trewhella.

        I have tried the Sharon Temple Museum (closed for Winter), and telephoned both "Great Books on Main" and "Bonapartes Repeat Books" of Newmarket and have no luck as yet.  Also tried various sources on the internet.  Any assistance would be appreciated.

        Ellen Kinghorn
        Email: ellen@...
        Webpage: www.kinghorn.ca
        Researching: Evans, Briggs, Selby, Watson, Weatherhead, Carr, Downey, Roadhouse and Scott in Ontario.
      • Lesley Stuart-Smith
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 12, 2003
          Hi Ellen, did you try Aquila Books here in Calgary? - cheers, Lesley

          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 13, 2003
            Special thanks to all those who responded to my Trewhella query!  I am onto several leads now and hopefully will get something of value.

            Regards,
            Ellen Kinghorn
            Email: ellen@...
            Webpage: www.kinghorn.ca