Trewhella Books

  • Ellen Kinghorn
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 12, 2003
      Hi Everyone:  On the off chance someone may have heard of these books or actually have them, I am posting a query to this list.

      "The Story of Sharon" (Ontario) and "History of the Town of Newmarket" by Ethel Willson Trewhella.

      I have tried the Sharon Temple Museum (closed for Winter), and telephoned both "Great Books on Main" and "Bonapartes Repeat Books" of Newmarket and have no luck as yet.  Also tried various sources on the internet.  Any assistance would be appreciated.

      Ellen Kinghorn
      Email: ellen@...
      Webpage: www.kinghorn.ca
      Researching: Evans, Briggs, Selby, Watson, Weatherhead, Carr, Downey, Roadhouse and Scott in Ontario.
    • Keith Maitland
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 12, 2003
        Try the OGS web site for the Ontario counties where these towns are located.
        Keith

        Ellen Kinghorn wrote:

        Hi Everyone:  On the off chance someone may have heard of these books or actually have them, I am posting a query to this list. "The Story of Sharon" (Ontario) and "History of the Town of Newmarket" by Ethel Willson Trewhella. I have tried the Sharon Temple Museum (closed for Winter), and telephoned both "Great Books on Main" and "Bonapartes Repeat Books" of Newmarket and have no luck as yet.  Also tried various sources on the internet.  Any assistance would be appreciated. Ellen Kinghorn
        Email: ellen@...
        Webpage: www.kinghorn.caResearching: Evans, Briggs, Selby, Watson, Weatherhead, Carr, Downey, Roadhouse and Scott in Ontario.

      • The Kashubas
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 12, 2003
          Ellen, I have the following info from our visit to the area in Sept 2001.

          Historical Societies
          Ralph Magel
          Newmarket Historical Society
          Box 22 - 534 Timothy Street
          Newmarket, ON  L3Y 1R1        905-895-3930

          Joy Davis
          East Gwillimbury Historical Society
          RR 2 - 19210 Warden Avenue
          Queensville, ON  L0G 1R0        905-478-4747

          Museums & Galleries
          The Elman W. Campbell Museum
          134 Main Street S.
          Newmarket ON  L3Y 3Y7        905-953-5314

          Markham District Historical Museum
          9350 Highway 48
          Markham, ON  L3P 3J3        905-294-4576

          Hope these might help you.  I have other sources that may or may not be of interest to you.  Contact me if you wish.
          Kathy Kashuba
          Hi Everyone:  On the off chance someone may have heard of these books or actually have them, I am posting a query to this list.

          "The Story of Sharon" (Ontario) and "History of the Town of Newmarket" by Ethel Willson Trewhella.

          I have tried the Sharon Temple Museum (closed for Winter), and telephoned both "Great Books on Main" and "Bonapartes Repeat Books" of Newmarket and have no luck as yet.  Also tried various sources on the internet.  Any assistance would be appreciated.

          Ellen Kinghorn
          Email: ellen@...
          Webpage: www.kinghorn.ca
          Researching: Evans, Briggs, Selby, Watson, Weatherhead, Carr, Downey, Roadhouse and Scott in Ontario.
        • Lorna Laughton
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 12, 2003
            Message

            Hi Ellen:

            I am assuming from your message that you would like to buy copies of these books, not just borrow them on Interlibrary Loan through the Calgary Public Library. You might want to send an e-mail to Sandra and Rick Roberts at Global Genealogy in Milton, Ontario. They sometimes sell used genealogy and local history books, but these books aren't put on their web site.

            Sandra is at sandra@.... They are both really helpful people.

            Lorna

            Hi Everyone:  On the off chance someone may have heard of these books or actually have them, I am posting a query to this list.

            "The Story of Sharon" (Ontario) and "History of the Town of Newmarket" by Ethel Willson Trewhella.

            I have tried the Sharon Temple Museum (closed for Winter), and telephoned both "Great Books on Main" and "Bonapartes Repeat Books" of Newmarket and have no luck as yet.  Also tried various sources on the internet.  Any assistance would be appreciated.

            Ellen Kinghorn
            Email: ellen@...
            Webpage: www.kinghorn.ca
            Researching: Evans, Briggs, Selby, Watson, Weatherhead, Carr, Downey, Roadhouse and Scott in Ontario.
          • Lesley Stuart-Smith

              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 13, 2003
                Special thanks to all those who responded to my Trewhella query!  I am onto several leads now and hopefully will get something of value.

                Regards,
                Ellen Kinghorn
                Email: ellen@...
                Webpage: www.kinghorn.ca