Nominating Committee Update

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 11, 2003
      Following this list of returning incumbents, nominees and volunteers are
      instructions for submitting additional names before the deadline. The
      nominating committee will not be actively seeking additional candidates and
      if no further names are submitted, it is likely the nominees will be
      acclaimed at the May 7, 2003 meeting.

      A. Incumbents (returning)
      POSITION NAME
      Chair George Lake
      Recording Secretary Ann Williams
      Directors at Large-Computer SIG Mary Arthur
      Directors at Large-Budget & Finance Lorna Laughton

      B. Nominees for positions being vacated:

      POSITION NAME
      Immediate Past Chair To remain vacant this year
      Vice Chair 1 – Facilities Gordon Lane
      Vice Chair 2 - Finance Peggy Franko
      Treasurer Ronna Byam
      Directors at Large Mertie Beatty
      Directors at Large Ray Maret

      C. Volunteers for Board appointed positions being vacated:
      Program Chair Adrienne Horne
      Membership Secretary Ken Runquist

      Further nominations may be submitted to me in writing (through a completed
      nomination form - see http://www.afhs.ab.ca/) to reach me by April 21 as
      follows:
      Mail: Xenia Stanford
      Suite 325, 300-8120 Beddington Boulevard NW, Calgary, Alberta T3K 2A8
      E-mail: president@...
      Fax: 274-0564

      Thanks to all those who agreed to let their name stand and to the committee
      for their "zillions" of phone calls. Also thanks to all the members. I did
      not find one grumpy person when I was doing my calls. Everyone was very
      supportive even if unable to commit for a position this year. It has been a
      pleasure to work with you in this capacity once again and now this year's
      task is nearly done - except for Report to Board, report in the Breeze,
      announcement at April 7 meeting and wrapping up at the AGM in May.

      Xenia Stanford (president@...)
      2003 Nominating Committee Chair
      Alberta Family Histories Society
      http://www.afhs.ab.ca/