FTM #7

  • Bev Rayburn
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 18, 2002
      Family Tree Maker # 7

      Could some one tell me if there is a way to print the Index of Individuals.
      I can not find any thing in the manual. I would like to get a list of all
      the people in my data base other than lists of family lines which would mean
      several lists.

      Thanks and have a good day
      Bev
      researching Michel, Neu, Rayburn, Peck,

    • Carol Lylyk
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 19, 2002
        Hi Bev,
        On the Tool Bar you should have icons for - Outline Descendant Tree, Genealogy Report, Family Group
        Report and then Report . Report will list your names alphabetical with birth dates. At least this
        is the way version 7.5 is which I use. I am waiting for the mailman to bring me version 10.

        Carol Lylyk
        Calgary
        > Could some one tell me if there is a way to print the Index of Individuals.
        > I can not find any thing in the manual. I would like to get a list of all
        > the people in my data base other than lists of family lines which would mean
        > several lists.
        >
        > Thanks and have a good day
        > Bev
        > researching Michel, Neu, Rayburn, Peck,

        ---

      • E.Rodier
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 19, 2002
          Bev,
          Create a custom report and select the fields that you want to include.
          Default is Name, Birth Date, Death Date. There are options for display of
          names and order of sorting. Set to landscape layout and use legal size paper
          if you need larger print or more page width.

          Custom reports would be a good topic to demonstrate at one of the FTM user
          group meetings. Selected individuals can be included or start with all
          individuals and use < to remove selected individuals. eg. make a list of
          everyone born in a particular location, or buried in a particular cemetery
          (assuming that cemetery name is entered in the Burial location field.) Use
          != for any information in a field and = to search for individuals with a
          field that is blank.

          Hope to have some FTM 10 samples ready in September for a binder that will
          be in the AFHS library for anyone who wants to check them. "New" material is
          available for a family that lived in Calgary from 1883 so there is also a
          local history collection and two Internet web sites belonging to other
          researchers need corrections.

          Please send private e-mail if you need additional help with FTM program.

          Elizabeth,
          watching for delivery of FTM 10 which started shipping last week

          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 19, 2002
            Bev,

            I don't know any way of printing the Index of Individuals but you can get
            the same results by doing a kinship report with you as the person the page
            and the cursor is on when you go to the kinship report under the View
            option. You can go under Contents to be sure it does not have any limits
            checked and then it should give you in-laws as well. The only names then it
            will not list are those who are not related by blood or marriage.

            à bientôt,

            Enter Xenia as a search term at http://globalgazette.net/ to find my column
            "Nos Racines Francaises"
            Local book and magazine sales:
            http://www.knowmap.com/age/
            Phone: (403) 295-3490; Fax: (403) 274-0564

            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 19, 2002
              Bev.
              Can't help you with your problem but Doreen has "Peck" in her Watt line

              Larry

              Larry & Doreen McCool
              Calgary, AB Canada
              Our new address is
              mccoollh@...
              Our website is now at

              > Could some one tell me if there is a way to print the Index of
              Individuals.
              > I can not find any thing in the manual. I would like to get a list of all
              > the people in my data base other than lists of family lines which would
              mean
              > several lists.
              >
              > Thanks and have a good day
              > Bev
              > researching Michel, Neu, Rayburn, Peck,
              >

              > http://www.afhs.ab.ca
              > http://www.family-roots.ca

            • Wendy Hamilton
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 19, 2002
                Hi Bev,

                Just saw your query. I have FTM #7 and, last week, I tried to print a list
                of all individuals on the database. What I ended up doing was a custom
                report, similar to what Elizabeth recommended to you. I selected name,
                birth date, birth location, death date, death location and spouse. The
                query generated, 1258 individuals in the custom report. Instead of printing
                the report, I copied and pasted it into an excel spreadsheet. I used the
                spreadsheet to sort the data..

                I then generated a Kinship Report for myself and also copied/pasted it into
                an excel spreadsheet. The kinship query generated 1114 individuals. It was
                interesting to sort by relationship: all 1st cousins, 1st once removed,
                grandmothers, great grandmothers etc.

                I generated both reports to see how many individuals I have versus those
                related. Also because I wanted more information about individuals than I
                could get from the kinship report as I could not customise it.

                I found that using the custom report and spreadsheet combination very
                useful. A printed "All Individual Report" is a great reference to have on
                hand when visiting relatives. I also sorted one report into birth location
                as I'm often asked how many relatives in Australia, Scotland, etc. I also
                used the custom report/spreadsheet for identifying and separating blank
                fields, rather than getting them all together in the Data Error Report.

                Please email me off-list if you would like to discuss this topic in more
                detail.
                Regards,
                Wendy Hamilton

                > Could some one tell me if there is a way to print the Index of
                Individuals.
                > I can not find any thing in the manual. I would like to get a list of all
                > the people in my data base other than lists of family lines which would
                mean
                > several lists.
                >
                > Thanks and have a good day
                > Bev
                > researching Michel, Neu, Rayburn, Peck,
                >

                > http://www.afhs.ab.ca
                > http://www.family-roots.ca

              • Bev Rayburn
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 19, 2002
                  Larry
                  Where are your Peck family from mine were UEL in New Brunswick