Help Urgently Wanted!

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 7, 2003
      The AFHS needs you!

      We are looking for a person with good computer skills (or someone who wants
      to improve them) to maintain a membership list. This person must also have
      great people skills to encourage others to join and to gently but
      effectively remind people to renew.

      Remuneration will be our undying gratitude.

      Please apply to the Nominating Committee for the position of Membership
      Chair.

      Should this position not suit you we have another for someone who prefers
      people to 'puters (or at least equally) and enjoys asking these people to
      showcase their talents to run programs or speak to our audience.

      Again the remuneration will be undying gratitude of our members and love of
      those who are allowed to showcase their talents to all.

      Please apply to the Nominating Committee and ask for the position of Program
      Chair.

      Should neither of those suit you but you love to meet and discuss ideas for
      bettering our organization apply for the last remaining position of Director
      at Large. For this you will receive the great company of our other Board
      members as well as the undying gratitude of the rest of us.

      We wish to inform you that the following positions now have candidates:

      Vice Chair - Facilities: Gordon Lake
      Vice Chair - Finance: Peggy Franko
      Director at Large: Mertie Beatty

      With undying gratitude,

      Xenia Stanford (president@...)
      2003 Nominating Committee Chair
      Alberta Family Histories Society
      http://www.afhs.ab.ca/

      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 7, 2003
        Oops as someone pointed out I goofed on a name - should have said Gordon
        Lane. Funny my spellcheck was no help on that one! :-)

        Things will only be more confusing with a Chair: George Lake and a
        Vice-Chair: Gordon Lane (same initials and same number of letters in each
        name!)

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 9, 2003
          Hi
          I cant get to meeting so cant do the membership thing for you. But if there
          is other things I can help on my own time at home with please contact me.
          Brian

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 9, 2003
            Hi Brian,

            Thanks for your interest and support. We will pass your name onto the
            volunteers coordinator - though he/she may have seen your message.

            Also Judii Rempel would probably be interested in your help transcribing
            1906 census records that are online. Perhaps you have already signed up with
            her to volunteer to do some pages. If not, I know she would love to hear
            from you!