1906 Census transcription progress

  • Judith Rempel
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 6, 2003
      Files continue to fly into my inbox for preparation/placement on the
      1906 Census tranascription site. Today, I'll report on the files that
      have gone online since March 1 - with the volunteer transcriber's being
      cc'ed on this note. The work is challenging and fun - and the
      transcribers are keeping me happily busy.

      We now have 983 pages of the census transcribed and online - that's 4.6%
      of the total. Manitoba has the largest number of image pages online
      (9400 about) and so far has the fewest number of pages transcribed. On
      the other hand, 12.3% of Alberta's records have been transcribed.
      Perhaps there's someone you know who would be interested or is already
      doing the work, but hasn't yet found a way to get it online.

      For more information about what communities these pages cover, please
      consult the DISTRICT pages (url to 1906 homepage below). And, don't
      forget about our new Advanced Search Option that should allow you to
      specify a person's name and a community name in your search (if
      enumerator and transcriber caught it accurately).

      MB - District #3 (Lisgar)
      -------------------------
      Subdist 3 - p. 13a-20a, 23a-30a (Mar 5)
      Subdist 3 - p. 22a (Mar 1)