PAPER OF RECORD UPDATE

  • Judith Rempel
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 6, 2003
      Three papers just added:
      1. Melbourne Herald - 1881-1901
      2. La Gazette de Sorel - 1862-1873
      3. Toronto Independent - 1849-1850

      Coming soon:
      1. Canadian News - 1856-1869, 1875
      2. Western Herald - 1838-1842
      3. St. Thomas Weekly Dispatch - 1855-1863

      To subscribe, visit the AFHS's Finding Aids homepage and click on the
      Paper of Record link.

      --
      In Kinship,
      Judith Rempel, Webster

      and

      webster@...

      Canadian Genealogical Projects Register
      http://www.afhs.ab.ca/registry/

      1906 Census Transcription Centre
      http://www.afhs.ab.ca/data/census/1906/

      http://www.afhs.ab.ca
    • Judith Rempel
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 18, 2003
        Paper of Record Newsletter

        NEW CONTENT:
        Williamsport Grit – 1926 – 1930
        St. Thomas Liberal – 1832 – 1833
        Norfolk Observer – 1840 – 1842

        COMING SOON:
        Williamsport Grit – 1931 – 1935
        Simcoe Reformer – 2002 – 2003
        Woodstock Standard – 1888

        Their current newsletter also says:
        "We have added much content in the past few months that we haven’t included
        in our “Now Available” and “Coming Soon” sections of our newsletter. Among
        them are several newspapers from New Hampshire, The Afro-American from
        Baltimore, Maryland and The Sporting News, located in St. Louis, Missouri.
        The last two newspapers we are especially excited about since we will be
        including their entire runs. The Afro-American is one the oldest black
        newspapers in the United States and The Sporting News is the oldest sports
        publication in North America. Currently we only have one year of the
        Afro-American and 4 years of The Sporting News available on Paper of Record
        but will be adding more in the months ahead. As well from Australia we have
        added about 2 years of an Australian magazine called Nation Review and one
        month from 1953 of the Daily Mirror from London, England"

        Paper of Record image.

        In Kinship,
        Judith Rempel, Webster
        note new personal e-mail address: judith@...