1901 Census

  • Gordon Lane
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 18, 2002
      Isn't it getting exiting :-)
      1901 Census Online Service
      The 1901 Online Service is now in the public access phase of testing,
      and the site will continue to be available only at
      the Family Records Centre, Islington and the Public Record Office, Kew
      until 17.00 hours on Friday 23 August, when
      we close for the Bank Holiday Weekend.
      The results of this phase of testing will be evaluated to confirm that
      the service is sufficiently robust to initiate
      public internet testing. We hope to make this decision before the end of
      August.
      For opening times, directions and other details about how to access the
      service at both the FRC and PRO,
      Kew please telephone 020 8392 5200 or visit the PRO website at
      http://www.pro.gov.uk/about/visit.htm.

      Regards

      Gordon Lane
      Treasurer
      Alberta Family Histories Society http://www.afhs.ab.ca
      Family Roots 2002: http://www.family-roots.ca
      Personal Web Site: http://www.rumbolt.com

    • Carol Lylyk
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 28, 2002
        Just tried the PRO online census and it is up and running.  They must have decided that it is workable.  Hopefully it stays available now.

        Carol Lylyk
        Calgary

        ---
      • Gordon Lane
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 28, 2002
          The census is working at the moment with no trouble.