UK Evacuees Adopted by Canadians in Calgary

  • James A. N. Mackie
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2003
      To whom it may concern.

      In early February, members of the list were asked about an enquiry by
      Jessica Mann a World War II Evacuee who with her brother lived with a Dr. &
      Mrs. John Palmer. Several of our members were very helpful in providing
      Jessica with information.

      I was able through my friend Rod Macdonald, who owns the house previously
      owned by the Palmers, to locate Palmer's daughter Joan Gordon, who lives in
      Vancouver.

      I have received a letter from Joan. She said that Jessica and her brother
      David were adopted by the Palmers. Joan asked me to contact members of the
      AFHS to see if anyone knows of any other Family in Calgary who adopted
      Evacuees. As Jessica is writing a history about Evacuees she may be
      interested in other Evacuees eleswhere in Canada.

      If anyone has such information, please provide me such information by
      e-mail or letter.

      James A.N. Mackie, Q.C.
      Historian, SAPD
      2920 - Park Lane S.W.