1906 Census success -- Crossfield & Airdrie

  • E.Rodier
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 27, 2003
      Larry, there is a McCool name on Page 9 of 1906 census Sub-section 15.
      http://www.afhs.ab.ca/data/census/1906/alberta/19/index.html

      Did you hear me at 5:15 pm when the searched-for family appeared in Page 25
      of Sub-section 15? Airdrie & Crossfield 1906 census names are nearly
      finished and will be posted by Judii on the AFHS web site in a few days.

      The family claimed that Bernice was the first white baby born north of the
      Bow (1891) on the ranch west of Crossfield. Mary wrote her memoirs when she
      was over 90 and lived to be 102. Mary was buried at Union with the
      grandmother who died a few weeks before the census.

      Also found a possible listing for "Uncle Bill" who came west about 1899 and
      worked on a ranch. Must check for him in the 1901 Alberta index. --
      Elizabeth

      http://www.afhs.ab.ca
    • Larry McCool
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 28, 2003
        Thanks Elizabeth
        I logged on and found a bit but am yet unable to stay at the keyboard long
        enough to get much. The Johnston McCool that is listed on p9 is my uncle and
        he must have been out working for someone else at the time.
        Thanks again

        Larry

        Larry & Doreen McCool
        Calgary, AB Canada