dist-gen

  • william campbell
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 25, 2003
      Hi Mary:

      Thanks for bringing the Yahoo archives site to our attention. Just
      curious to know what the 'Members Only' and the 'Group Settings'
      sections on the home page are about.

      Cheers

      Bill

      --
      William A. Campbell
      Calgary, Alberta, Canada

      http://www.afhs.ab.ca
    • Gordon Lane
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 2 12:24 PM
        The news groups in yahoo can be set up so that only invited people can be
        part of the newsgroup ie. Only they can receive and post messages, chat
        online with each other, share files, pictures etc.

        The group settings you see tell you the rules for the group ie. Anyone can
        post to dist-gen but the membership is restricted so no one but myself can
        go in and play with the email messages stored at yahoo.

        Regards

        Gordon Lane
        Treasurer
        Co-Editor Chinook