SCOTTISH SIG

  • william campbell
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 22, 2003
      Hi Folks:
      With the apparent increasing (maybe skyrocketing ?) interest in
      genealogy that was apparent at the Genealogy Fair held at the Museum of
      the Regiments last Monday, it seems appropriate to once again focus on
      our presently dormant SCOTTISH Special Interest Group.
      It is apparent, from speaking with the AFHS Library, Calgary Public
      Library and LDS Family History Center librarians and volunteers that
      there are many of us on this list searching for our Scottish roots. As
      all of us come to realize, much more progress can be made from sharing,
      rather than struggling alone.

      Once more, I invite anyone with the interest and enthusiasm to take on
      the modest task of co-ordinating the SCOTTISH SIG to contact me and
      discuss the opportunity. Meetings could be convened semi-annualy,
      quarterly or monthly as the group should decide.

      If you would care to consider this role please call me at 254-2293. I
      have a short list of what's involved which I would be glad to send along
      to you.

      SLAINTE!

      Bill

      --
      William A. Campbell
      Calgary, Alberta, Canada

      http://www.afhs.ab.ca
    • Helen
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 23, 2003
        Hi Bill,
        I'm not going to offer to be anything more than an interested member, but I
        am interested and willing to be of some help.
        Helen