A DAY AT THE MUSEUM

  • william campbell
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 17, 2003
      Hi Folks:

      Our day at the Genealogy Fair in the Museum of The Regiments was an
      outstanding success. As a first venture of its kind at the Museum it
      attracted over 500 visitors much to the praise of its co-ordinator
      Jennifer Howse.
      Hats off to Jennifer for job exceedingly well done!
      And a big thank you to our AFHS members who denied themselves a day at
      home or engaged in some more restful activity, but who chose to come out
      and support our fine Society.
      Thank you to Ronna Byam, Elizabeth Rodier, Judie Riddell, Lois Sparling,
      Helen Backhouse, Frank Morrow, Gordon Hulbert, Diane Granger and our
      President, Gordon Lake. Did I miss someone? Oh, yes those other members
      who pursued their various commercial tables. What a day!
      One of the Museum staff who monitored visitors' reactions advised me
      that without a doubt our AFHS display and volunteer staff were acclaimed
      to be the best in the show - most friendly, most helpful.
      CONGRATULATIONS!

      --
      William A. Campbell
      Calgary, Alberta, Canada