Re: 1906 Census, Dark pages

  • Judith Rempel
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 16, 2003
      Mertie wrote:
      > Hi Judith:
      > I was a little concerned about the quality of some of the pages, i.e. so
      > dark in places (especially bottom of 2nd page).
      >
      > I tried printing the pages and find that they are much easier to read.
      > Maybe this will help someone else.

      > Note: Fill your screen and set to "landscape". I find I need only two
      > pages for one Census page.

      I'm cc'ing the dist-gen -- a very good place to pass this suggestion along.

      > Eventually, I would like to submit transcriptions on some of the pages
      > for Edmonton 20 -- but must look at old maps for identification of some
      > of the people. I thought I could read the Ukrainian names but some of
      > these do have me stumped.

      Indeed - this is a much bigger challenge than folks working on eastern
      provinces realize. let me know when you hone in on a subdistrict and
      set of pages in Edmonton District 20. I'll then note your commitment on
      our site - to prevent duplication of work. Thanks!

      --
      In Kinship,
      Judith Rempel, Webster

      and