Re: Unreadable 1906 census pages

  • Lois Sparling
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 5, 2003
      Dear Diane

      The paper returns were destroyed long ago.  All there is left is the microfilm which is less than well done.  It might be possible that a rescan would help but I doubt it.

      Lois Sparling

      Diane Hunter wrote:
      Does anyone know if it's possible to request pages be recopied by Stats Can - a lot of the pages (especially at bottom right) in the area I need are all but useless, they're so black.

      For example:
          Saskatchewan
          District 14 (Mackenzie)
          Subdistrict 22
          Pages 16,13

      Is the microfilm at the main library likely to be any better?

      Thanx for any suggestions.

      Diane Hunter