NoteBook Floppy Disk

  • Gordon Hulbert
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 2, 2003
      Hi there:

      As some of you might know, the Society's notebook is having a problem and
      efforts are being made to fix it or acquire a new one. I noticed that the
      EXTERNAL FLOPPY DISK is missing. If any of you have recently borrowed the
      notebook et al, would you please think back and try to remember if you saw
      the external floppy disk. It was supposed to be stored in the notebook
      carrying case.

      Regards,

      Gord Hulbert
      www.Hulbert.ca

      http://www.afhs.ab.ca
    • Carol Lee
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 2, 2003
        Gordon,

        I can't be sure, but it doesn't seem like the external floppy was with the
        laptop when we borrowed it for our FHC staff meeting on Jan 18. We used the
        internet only and had no use for the floppy so I can't be sure. I will look
        around the FHC this week and see if I can see it. I do remember wondering
        if something was missing because it didn't seem like there were as many
        items in the pouch, but I can't be positive that is the case.

        Carol

        > As some of you might know, the Society's notebook is having a problem and
        > efforts are being made to fix it or acquire a new one. I noticed that the
        > EXTERNAL FLOPPY DISK is missing. If any of you have recently borrowed the
        > notebook et al, would you please think back and try to remember if you saw
        > the external floppy disk. It was supposed to be stored in the notebook
        > carrying case.
        >
        > Regards,
        >
        > Gord Hulbert
        > www.Hulbert.ca

      • George Lake
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 3, 2003
          Hi Gord & All:
          The laptop external floppy disk is present and accounted for in the laptop
          carrying case. Not to worry. :-)
          Geo

          At 11:53 AM 2/2/2003 -0700, Gordon Hulbert wrote:
          >Hi there:
          >
          >As some of you might know, the Society's notebook is having a problem and
          >efforts are being made to fix it or acquire a new one. I noticed that the
          >EXTERNAL FLOPPY DISK is missing. If any of you have recently borrowed the
          >notebook et al, would you please think back and try to remember if you saw
          >the external floppy disk. It was supposed to be stored in the notebook
          >carrying case.

          George Lake
          Chairman, Alberta Family Histories Society
          Calgary Canada

          email: chairman@...
          AFHS Website: www.afhs.ab.ca

          my website: www.glake.ca