Re: how to make the L sign

  • Connie Inkster
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 31, 2003
      Hi Kathy,

      Go to a commercial website in the UK such as http://www.genealogy.demon.co.uk/, find a pound sign, then do a cut and paste. That's what I've been doing.

      I haven't seen any keyboards that have keys for fraction numbers for a long time.

      Connie
      Does anyone there know the numbers to use with your Alt key to make the pound sterling sign?  As well, I used to have the numbers to make 1/4, 1/2 and 3/4.  Does anyone have that too?

      Kathy

    • Mac MacLean
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 31, 2003

        Sent: Friday, January 31, 2003 1:10 PM

        Greetings

        Does anyone there know the numbers to use with your Alt key to make the pound sterling sign?  As well, I used to have the numbers to make 1/4, 1/2 and 3/4.  Does anyone have that too?

        Kathy

        Alt 156

        Mac
      • Pat and Bill
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 31, 2003
          Hello Kathy and List.
          This site has many useful things including keyboard codes.( under
          miscellaneous ) here it shows you can also make the signs with Alt 0188 ¼
          , 0189 ½, and 0190. ¾. http://rmhh.co.uk/gendocs.html
          Have a look see ô¿ô¬ ~ grin ~
          Pat and Bill
          pat0bill@...
          > Does anyone there know the numbers to use with your Alt key to make the
          pound sterling sign? As well, I used to have the numbers to make 1/4, 1/2
          and 3/4. Does anyone have that too?

          > Kathy
          >

          > http://members.shaw.ca/kashuba4

          http://www.afhs.ab.ca
        • Bob McNarry
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 31, 2003
            Mac MacLean wrote:

> [...]
            To make the "Pound" sign hold down the ALT key and type the numbers 156
            on the keypad.

            Bob McNarry

            http://www.afhs.ab.ca
          • Gordon Hulbert
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 31, 2003
              Use 0163.
              Does anyone there know the numbers to use with your Alt key to make the pound sterling sign?  As well, I used to have the numbers to make 1/4, 1/2 and 3/4.  Does anyone have that too?

              Kathy

            • Rodney & Pat
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 1 9:49 AM
                1/4  0188; 1/2  0189;  3/4  0190