Re: how to make the L sign

  • Carol Lylyk
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 31, 2003
      ¾  alt 0190  and     alt 0162 for ¢ in case you ever need it.  Price of things now days the $ is what we usually need.

      Carol Lylyk

      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 31, 2003
        Hi Kathy,

        Go to a commercial website in the UK such as http://www.genealogy.demon.co.uk/, find a pound sign, then do a cut and paste. That's what I've been doing.

        I haven't seen any keyboards that have keys for fraction numbers for a long time.

        Connie
        Does anyone there know the numbers to use with your Alt key to make the pound sterling sign?  As well, I used to have the numbers to make 1/4, 1/2 and 3/4.  Does anyone have that too?

        Kathy

      • Mac MacLean
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 31, 2003

          Sent: Friday, January 31, 2003 1:10 PM

          Greetings

          Does anyone there know the numbers to use with your Alt key to make the pound sterling sign?  As well, I used to have the numbers to make 1/4, 1/2 and 3/4.  Does anyone have that too?

          Kathy

          Alt 156

          Mac
        • Pat and Bill
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 31, 2003
            Hello Kathy and List.
            This site has many useful things including keyboard codes.( under
            miscellaneous ) here it shows you can also make the signs with Alt 0188 ¼
            , 0189 ½, and 0190. ¾. http://rmhh.co.uk/gendocs.html
            Have a look see ô¿ô¬ ~ grin ~
            Pat and Bill
            pat0bill@...
            > Does anyone there know the numbers to use with your Alt key to make the
            pound sterling sign? As well, I used to have the numbers to make 1/4, 1/2
            and 3/4. Does anyone have that too?

            > Kathy
            >

            > http://members.shaw.ca/kashuba4

            http://www.afhs.ab.ca
          • Bob McNarry
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 31, 2003
              Mac MacLean wrote:

> [...]
              To make the "Pound" sign hold down the ALT key and type the numbers 156
              on the keypad.

              Bob McNarry

              http://www.afhs.ab.ca
            • Gordon Hulbert
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 31, 2003
                Use 0163.
                Does anyone there know the numbers to use with your Alt key to make the pound sterling sign?  As well, I used to have the numbers to make 1/4, 1/2 and 3/4.  Does anyone have that too?

                Kathy

              • Rodney & Pat
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 1, 2003
                  1/4  0188; 1/2  0189;  3/4  0190