Re: how to make the L sign

  • Pat and Bill
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 31, 2003
      Hello Kathy,

      Alt 156 for £ , Alt 171 for ½ , and Alt 172 for ¼ . I don't know for 3/4
      .

      Cheers for now
      Pat and Bill
      pat0bill@...
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 31, 2003
        ¾  alt 0190  and     alt 0162 for ¢ in case you ever need it.  Price of things now days the $ is what we usually need.

        Carol Lylyk

        Does anyone there know the numbers to use with your Alt key to make the pound sterling sign?  As well, I used to have the numbers to make 1/4, 1/2 and 3/4.  Does anyone have that too?

        Kathy

      • Connie Inkster
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 31, 2003
          Hi Kathy,

          Go to a commercial website in the UK such as http://www.genealogy.demon.co.uk/, find a pound sign, then do a cut and paste. That's what I've been doing.

          I haven't seen any keyboards that have keys for fraction numbers for a long time.

          Connie
          Does anyone there know the numbers to use with your Alt key to make the pound sterling sign?  As well, I used to have the numbers to make 1/4, 1/2 and 3/4.  Does anyone have that too?

          Kathy

        • Mac MacLean
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 31, 2003

            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 31, 2003
              Hello Kathy and List.
              This site has many useful things including keyboard codes.( under
              miscellaneous ) here it shows you can also make the signs with Alt 0188 ¼
              , 0189 ½, and 0190. ¾. http://rmhh.co.uk/gendocs.html
              Have a look see ô¿ô¬ ~ grin ~
              Pat and Bill
              pat0bill@...
              > Does anyone there know the numbers to use with your Alt key to make the
              pound sterling sign? As well, I used to have the numbers to make 1/4, 1/2
              and 3/4. Does anyone have that too?

              > Kathy
              >

              > http://members.shaw.ca/kashuba4

              http://www.afhs.ab.ca
            • Bob McNarry
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 31, 2003
                Mac MacLean wrote:

> [...]
                To make the "Pound" sign hold down the ALT key and type the numbers 156
                on the keypad.

                Bob McNarry

                http://www.afhs.ab.ca
              • Gordon Hulbert
                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 31, 2003
                  Use 0163.
                  Does anyone there know the numbers to use with your Alt key to make the pound sterling sign?  As well, I used to have the numbers to make 1/4, 1/2 and 3/4.  Does anyone have that too?

                  Kathy

                • Rodney & Pat
                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 1, 2003
                    1/4  0188; 1/2  0189;  3/4  0190