Re: how to make the L sign

  • Rene Dussome
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 31, 2003
      Kathy:

      > Does anyone there know the numbers to use with your Alt key to make
      > the pound sterling sign? As well, I used to have the numbers to make
      > 1/4, 1/2 and 3/4. Does anyone have that too?

      Alt 156 makes the £ sign.

      Can't remember what numbers you need for the fractions. No doubt someone
      else will help.

      Rene

      http://www.afhs.ab.ca
    • Pat and Bill
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 31, 2003
        Hello Kathy,

        Alt 156 for £ , Alt 171 for ½ , and Alt 172 for ¼ . I don't know for 3/4
        .

        Cheers for now
        Pat and Bill
        pat0bill@...
        > Does anyone there know the numbers to use with your Alt key to make the
        pound sterling sign? As well, I used to have the numbers to make 1/4, 1/2
        and 3/4. Does anyone have that too?

        > Kathy
        >

        > http://members.shaw.ca/kashuba4

        http://www.afhs.ab.ca
      • Carol Lylyk
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 31, 2003
          ¾  alt 0190  and     alt 0162 for ¢ in case you ever need it.  Price of things now days the $ is what we usually need.

          Carol Lylyk

          Does anyone there know the numbers to use with your Alt key to make the pound sterling sign?  As well, I used to have the numbers to make 1/4, 1/2 and 3/4.  Does anyone have that too?

          Kathy

        • Connie Inkster
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 31, 2003
            Hi Kathy,

            Go to a commercial website in the UK such as http://www.genealogy.demon.co.uk/, find a pound sign, then do a cut and paste. That's what I've been doing.

            I haven't seen any keyboards that have keys for fraction numbers for a long time.

            Connie
            Does anyone there know the numbers to use with your Alt key to make the pound sterling sign?  As well, I used to have the numbers to make 1/4, 1/2 and 3/4.  Does anyone have that too?

            Kathy

          • Mac MacLean
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 31, 2003

              Sent: Friday, January 31, 2003 1:10 PM

              Greetings

              Does anyone there know the numbers to use with your Alt key to make the pound sterling sign?  As well, I used to have the numbers to make 1/4, 1/2 and 3/4.  Does anyone have that too?

              Kathy

              Alt 156

              Mac
            • Pat and Bill
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 31, 2003
                Hello Kathy and List.
                This site has many useful things including keyboard codes.( under
                miscellaneous ) here it shows you can also make the signs with Alt 0188 ¼
                , 0189 ½, and 0190. ¾. http://rmhh.co.uk/gendocs.html
                Have a look see ô¿ô¬ ~ grin ~
                Pat and Bill
                pat0bill@...
                > Does anyone there know the numbers to use with your Alt key to make the
                pound sterling sign? As well, I used to have the numbers to make 1/4, 1/2
                and 3/4. Does anyone have that too?

                > Kathy
                >

                > http://members.shaw.ca/kashuba4

                http://www.afhs.ab.ca
              • Bob McNarry
                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 31, 2003
                  Mac MacLean wrote:

> [...]
                  To make the "Pound" sign hold down the ALT key and type the numbers 156
                  on the keypad.

                  Bob McNarry

                  http://www.afhs.ab.ca
                • Gordon Hulbert
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 31, 2003
                    Use 0163.
                    Does anyone there know the numbers to use with your Alt key to make the pound sterling sign?  As well, I used to have the numbers to make 1/4, 1/2 and 3/4.  Does anyone have that too?

                    Kathy

                  • Rodney & Pat
                    Message 9 of 10 , Feb 1, 2003
                      1/4  0188; 1/2  0189;  3/4  0190