how to make the L sign

  • The Kashubas
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 31, 2003
      Greetings

      Does anyone there know the numbers to use with your Alt key to make the pound sterling sign?  As well, I used to have the numbers to make 1/4, 1/2 and 3/4.  Does anyone have that too?

      Kathy

    • Rene Dussome
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 31, 2003
        Kathy:

        > Does anyone there know the numbers to use with your Alt key to make
        > the pound sterling sign? As well, I used to have the numbers to make
        > 1/4, 1/2 and 3/4. Does anyone have that too?

        Alt 156 makes the £ sign.

        Can't remember what numbers you need for the fractions. No doubt someone
        else will help.

        Rene

        http://www.afhs.ab.ca
      • Pat and Bill
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 31, 2003
          Hello Kathy,

          Alt 156 for £ , Alt 171 for ½ , and Alt 172 for ¼ . I don't know for 3/4
          .

          Cheers for now
          Pat and Bill
          pat0bill@...
          > Does anyone there know the numbers to use with your Alt key to make the
          pound sterling sign? As well, I used to have the numbers to make 1/4, 1/2
          and 3/4. Does anyone have that too?

          > Kathy
          >

          > http://members.shaw.ca/kashuba4

          http://www.afhs.ab.ca
        • Carol Lylyk
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 31, 2003
            ¾  alt 0190  and     alt 0162 for ¢ in case you ever need it.  Price of things now days the $ is what we usually need.

            Carol Lylyk

            Does anyone there know the numbers to use with your Alt key to make the pound sterling sign?  As well, I used to have the numbers to make 1/4, 1/2 and 3/4.  Does anyone have that too?

            Kathy

          • Connie Inkster
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 31, 2003
              Hi Kathy,

              Go to a commercial website in the UK such as http://www.genealogy.demon.co.uk/, find a pound sign, then do a cut and paste. That's what I've been doing.

              I haven't seen any keyboards that have keys for fraction numbers for a long time.

              Connie
              Does anyone there know the numbers to use with your Alt key to make the pound sterling sign?  As well, I used to have the numbers to make 1/4, 1/2 and 3/4.  Does anyone have that too?

              Kathy

            • Mac MacLean

                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 31, 2003
                  Hello Kathy and List.
                  This site has many useful things including keyboard codes.( under
                  miscellaneous ) here it shows you can also make the signs with Alt 0188 ¼
                  , 0189 ½, and 0190. ¾. http://rmhh.co.uk/gendocs.html
                  Have a look see ô¿ô¬ ~ grin ~
                  Pat and Bill
                  pat0bill@...
                  > Does anyone there know the numbers to use with your Alt key to make the
                  pound sterling sign? As well, I used to have the numbers to make 1/4, 1/2
                  and 3/4. Does anyone have that too?

                  > Kathy
                  >

                  > http://members.shaw.ca/kashuba4

                  http://www.afhs.ab.ca
                • Bob McNarry
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 31, 2003
                    Mac MacLean wrote:

> [...]
                    To make the "Pound" sign hold down the ALT key and type the numbers 156
                    on the keypad.

                    Bob McNarry

                    http://www.afhs.ab.ca
                  • Gordon Hulbert
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 31, 2003
                      Use 0163.
                      Does anyone there know the numbers to use with your Alt key to make the pound sterling sign?  As well, I used to have the numbers to make 1/4, 1/2 and 3/4.  Does anyone have that too?

                      Kathy

                    • Rodney & Pat
                      Message 10 of 10 , Feb 1, 2003
                        1/4  0188; 1/2  0189;  3/4  0190