Genealogy Computer Group/Computer SIG meeting

  • Alan Cassley
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 29, 2003
      Hi Folks
      The next meeting of the Computer SIG will be in the Scout Room,downstairs at
      the FHC, 17th Avenue SW on 8th Feb.
      The 9.30 am the "beginners" session will take the form of an on-line demo of
      a search of the recently -released 1906 Canadian Census,to be given by
      Elizabeth Rodier.
      At 10.30 Neil Broadhurst will give an on-line demo of the "ancestor.com"
      site.
      Should be another full and interesting session.
      Hope to see you there.
      Cheers,
      Alan Cassley
      Chairman, Computer SIG

      http://www.afhs.ab.ca
    • Al King
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 29, 2003
        It's very unfortunate that your meeting coincides with the AFHS course
        that day and therefore we will be missing the 1906 info. Is there likely
        to be a repeat of the 1906 info some time soon?

        Quelle domage!

        Al

        http://www.afhs.ab.ca
      • Donna Coulter
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 29, 2003
          Hi-- you will no doubt hear from the 'powers that be' but
          the two meetings are on different Saturdays I believe.
          AFHS on Feb 1st and Computer Sig is on the following Sat.Feb
          7

          > It's very unfortunate that your meeting coincides with the
          AFHS course
          > that day and therefore we will be missing the 1906 info.
          Is there likely
          > to be a repeat of the 1906 info some time soon?
          >
          > Quelle domage!
          >
          > Al

        • william campbell
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 29, 2003
            Hi Donna:

            Confusion is in confusion!

            The monthly meeting is this Saturday Feb1

            The AFHS Course Level 1 is on Saturday Feb. 8 and so is the Computer
            SIG.

            Does that help?

            Bill

            Donna Coulter wrote:

            > Hi-- you will no doubt hear from the 'powers that be' but
            > the two meetings are on different Saturdays I believe.
            > AFHS on Feb 1st and Computer Sig is on the following Sat.Feb
            > 7

            William A. Campbell
            Calgary, Alberta, Canada

            http://www.afhs.ab.ca
          • Gordon Hulbert
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 30, 2003
              Almost correct<g>. Computer SIG is on Feb 8th.

              > Hi-- you will no doubt hear from the 'powers that be' but
              > the two meetings are on different Saturdays I believe.
              > AFHS on Feb 1st and Computer Sig is on the following Sat.Feb
              > 7

            • Carol Lee
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 30, 2003
                One more correction.

                Neil Broadhurst will be demonstrating Ancestry.com - not ancestor.com on
                Saturday Feb. 8th at 10:30 after the Beginners' Session at 9:30 featuring
                the 1906.

                Carol Lee

                > Almost correct<g>. Computer SIG is on Feb 8th.

              • Alan Cassley
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 31, 2003
                  Carol
                  Oops!! The description is correct on the afhs home page and in the calendar
                  of events. Thanks for noticing the error and correcting it for dist-gen.
                  Don't what made me do it - senility perhaps.
                  Alan