Re: 1906 Census and Land Grants database

  • E.Rodier
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 29, 2003
      Legal land description often found in a local history can be
      cross-referenced to the Western Land Grants online database at
      http://www.archives.ca/02/020111_e.html.

      For any family "out west" in the early days, it is worth checking land
      records even if they lived in a town. Can anyone tell me about Section 18,
      Twp 24, Range 9 W5? Range 10 W5 is Canmore.
      Elizabeth

      http://www.afhs.ab.ca
    • Alan Muise-Benner
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 29, 2003
        Hi Elizabeth;

        From what I can see, "Dead Man's Flats" is situated in the SW 1/4, Sec 18, Twp
        24, Rge 9 W5. The Bow River flows through predominantly in the north half of
        that section. Right along the north boundary of the section, for most of the
        NW and part of the NE 1/4's is the old highway, now 1A, just east of "Gap".
        The new highway traverses the lower part of that section now.

        Al

        "E.Rodier" wrote:

        > Can anyone tell me about Section 18,
        > Twp 24, Range 9 W5? Range 10 W5 is Canmore.
        > Elizabeth

        http://www.afhs.ab.ca
      • E.Rodier
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 29, 2003
          Thanks, I'll visit Glenbow and try to find dates of the land records. Some
          other long-time Calgary residents had places at Canmore, cabins in BC or
          Sylvan Lake etc. Cushing Bros. lumber mills had branch offices outside of
          Calgary.