Re: Request for help

  • RM McLean
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 27, 2003
      I apologize to all the members for my inappropriate request for help for
      my cousin. Due to a combination of the flu and pressure to get some help
      to her before I leave for the UK on the 16th I did not take time to
      think about the ethics of the request. sorry, RoseMarie

      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 28, 2003
        Did not mean to embarrass you or anyone. This is a very common problem so I
        wanted to share the message with all. You are not the only one who makes
        such mistakes and your intentions were quite innocent as are those of many
        others.

        I had my name, birthdate and children's information shared on World Family
        Tree all because I had shared same with a cousin. I learned the hard way not
        to share these vital stats with even family unless they are aware of the
        issues.

        You aren't the only one, the first one and likely not the last to share such
        information innocently and although we like to think all on this list are
        honest folk, you only need one with mal-intent or even one to innocently
        pass this on to others.

        I hope you find your cousin and enjoy your trip.

        a bientot,

        Phone: (403) 295-3490; Fax: (403) 274-0564