1 Feb AFHS Meeting Times

  • rdcgrang@ucalgary.ca
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 27, 2003
      Some readers do not seem to have spotted the correction notice; so, just in
      case, once again here are the times for the next meeting of the AFHS on
      Saturday, 1 February 2003:

      1:30-2:00 Basics
      2:15-.... Main

      Your friendly
      Program Committee

      http://www.afhs.ab.ca
    • Nancy Carson
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 27, 2003
        Diane - when did the regular AFHS meeting change from a Monday night to a
        Saturday??? On the calendar of events on the website, it says Saturday;
        under Programs, it says February 3. So which is it? I've already sent out
        the meeting notice for February 3.

        Nancy Carson
        > Some readers do not seem to have spotted the correction notice; so, just
        in
        > case, once again here are the times for the next meeting of the AFHS on
        > Saturday, 1 February 2003:
        >
        > 1:30-2:00 Basics
        > 2:15-.... Main
        >
        > Your friendly
        > Program Committee

      • George Lake
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 28, 2003
          Hi Nancy:

          At 06:53 PM 1/27/2003 -0700, Nancy Carson wrote:
          >Diane - when did the regular AFHS meeting change from a Monday night to a
          >Saturday??? On the calendar of events on the website, it says Saturday;
          >under Programs, it says February 3. So which is it? I've already sent out
          >the meeting notice for February 3.

          This is a one-time 'innovation' for AFHS.
          The Board is concerned that a number of our members do not wish to come out
          to meetings at night in mid winter. We decided to hold one of our winter
          meetings on a Saturday afternoon to accommodate those people.
          This is the only meeting this winter on a Saturday. All the others will be
          on the usual 1st Monday.
          I have announced the change at each regular monthly general meeting since
          November. Sorry it didn't make it into all of the nooks and crannies on
          the website.

          Regards

          Geo

          George Lake
          Chairman, Alberta Family Histories Society
          Calgary Canada

          email: chairman@...
          AFHS Website: www.afhs.ab.ca

          my website: www.glake.ca