1906 census

  • Bob Morris
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 24, 2003
      I can't open the districts. It is in"sid" format which I am not familiar
      with

      Bob Morris

      http://www.afhs.ab.ca
    • Judith Rempel
      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 24, 2003
        Bob Morris wrote:
        > I can't open the districts. It is in"sid" format which I am not familiar
        > with

        "Mrsid" is a software that they are using to retrieve and display the
        images.

        When you get that screen up - you can choose to use a standard browser
        window - that's what I'm doing.

        --
        In Kinship,
        Judith Rempel, Webster

        and

        webster@...

        Canadian Genealogical Projects Register
        http://www.afhs.ab.ca/registry/

        http://www.afhs.ab.ca
      • Gordon Lane
        Message 3 of 15 , Jan 24, 2003
          Congratulations Lois

          Regards

          Gordon Lane
          Treasurer
          Co-Editor Chinook

          Alberta Family Hisories Society
          http://www.afhs.ab.ca

          Family website
          http://www.rumbolt.com

          Yes indeed! We win. I was interviewed by the Calgary Herald this afternoon
          so watch for a story about today's release of the 1906 census online this
          weekend.

          Lois Sparling

        • Lois Sparling

            Message 5 of 15 , Jan 24, 2003
              Way to go everyone who's had a hand in this - especially Gordon and Lois for
              keeping the pressure on!

              Onward!
              Gordon Williams.

              Message 6 of 15 , Jan 25, 2003
                Excellent interview. I bet David Bly was excited too.

                > Yes indeed! We win. I was interviewed by the Calgary Herald this
                > afternoon so watch for a story about today's release of the 1906 census
                > online this weekend.
                >
                > Lois Sparling

              • Gordon Lane
                Message 7 of 15 , Jan 25, 2003
                  So what's the url

                  Stop keeping it to yourself, share !!

                  Message 8 of 15 , Jan 25, 2003
                    Yes, David Bly and I chattered on quite a bit. We had both taken a
                    preliminary stab at finding our families in the 1906 census online but
                    had to get back to work Friday before tracking them down.

                    What's up with Assiniboia West? I can't get into that portion of the
                    census returns.

                    Lois Sparling

                    Gordon Hulbert wrote:

                    > Excellent interview. I bet David Bly was excited too.

                  • Marg Randall McCready
                    Message 9 of 15 , Jan 26, 2003
                      Has anyone come across listings north of the Bow?  In 1906 I think it was still the Village of Crescent Heights.   I am looking for 1512 Centre St. N.

                      Marg McCready
                    • Elizabeth R. Strang
                      Message 10 of 15 , Jan 28, 2003
                        hi, IS THE iRISH SIG AT THE PumphouSE STILL ON. ?

                        http://www.afhs.ab.ca
                      • Spencer Field
                        Message 11 of 15 , Feb 4, 2003
                          The Calgary Public Library said the 1906 Prairie Provinces census on
                          microfilm in now available on the 4th floor of the downtown Library.

                          Spencer Field

                          http://www.afhs.ab.ca
                        • Marg Randall McCready
                          Message 12 of 15 , Feb 8, 2003
                            FYI    under the City of Calgary, section 26a   pages 30 & 31 include The Royal North West Mounted Police.
                          • Donna Coulter
                            Message 13 of 15 , Feb 8, 2003
                              Thanks Marg-- I would not have thought of looking for them. Now I will have them when someone transcribes them---
                              I swear I won't ever complain about queer interpretations that I have found on other transcriptions.

                              I am doing several pages in Dauphin District Sub Dist 25 around my birth town. Even with being quite familiar with the names around there it is next to impossible soetimes.

                              Am certainly enjoying the work.
                              Donna M Coulter
                                Message 15 of 15 , Apr 1 8:28 AM