Paul Cornett

  • Robert C. Westbury
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 16, 2003
      Dear Mary Joan,
      The good news is that there is an excellent on-line directory of names and
      addresses in the UK, compiled from several sources. They use the term "UK"
      so I suppose that it includes the notorious Portadown in Armagh.
      www.192.com/
      The bad news is that it seems that one can only access the directory by
      paying a fee and the minimum seems to be about £ 20 (say $C40) for 100
      enquiries over the course of a year.
      I feel a bit aggrieved as they suggest that once one has registered one can
      get at a limited amount of info without further charge. One cannot.
      Best of British luck, as they say. Bob

      http://www.afhs.ab.ca
    • Keith Maitland
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 16, 2003
        I found the Irish phone books at the Calgary Public library a few years ago when
        checking on my family lines. Have you tried there? A phone call might be worth while.

        Keith Maitland