Re: Irish SIG

  • Nancy Carson
    Message 1 of 24 , Jan 15, 2003
      Would you remind me where the Pumphouse Theatre is? It's been years since
      I've been. I think it in the downtown area somewhere, but can't quite
      recall. Thanks, Lois.

      Nancy

      Message 2 of 24 , Jan 15, 2003
        For those interested, Rockyview Adult Education is having a one evening 2.5
        hour course on Thursday, April 3 at the Crossfield Elementary School
        entitled Genealogy On the Internet. Course fee is $30.00. Instructor is
        Tiffany Ascione. More information at:
        http://www.rockyview.ab.ca/rvae/cross/parsers/specint.shtml

        http://www.afhs.ab.ca
      • Lois Sparling
        Message 3 of 24 , Jan 29, 2003
          The Irish SIG is meeting at the performance of the Liffey Players
          Thursday evening at the Pump House Theatre. The performance will be
          "Twinkletoes, Mustn't Forget High Noon and Christine: Three Monologues"
          by Johnston. It is about terrorism, fear, intolerance, injustice and
          prejudice in Ireland. Great fun topics. The show starts at 8 PM.
          Tickets are $12 at the door.

          The Celtic Folk Club is hosting a performance Saturday Feb. 1 at the
          Oakridge Community Centre at 8 PM. Tickets are $8. I'll be at the
          opera, myself, but those of us who attended last Nov. had a wonderful
          time and highly recommend them. Plenty of Scottish content as well as
          Irish.

          Lois Sparling
          http://www.afhs.ab.ca
        • Lois Sparling
          Message 4 of 24 , Apr 1, 2003
            I just sent out the minutes of the meeting of the Irish SIG. If you did
            not get it, this means that you are missing from my emailing list. I
            kind of lost the original list of Irish SIG emails so am re-doing it. I
            am sure there are more Irish SIGers out there whose email addresses I am
            still missing.

            Lois Sparling

            http://www.afhs.ab.ca
          • Keith Maitland
            Message 5 of 24 , Apr 2, 2003
              Please add my name.

              Keith Maitland

              Lois Sparling wrote:

              > I just sent out the minutes of the meeting of the Irish SIG. If you did
              > not get it, this means that you are missing from my emailing list. I
              > kind of lost the original list of Irish SIG emails so am re-doing it. I
              > am sure there are more Irish SIGers out there whose email addresses I am
              > still missing.
              >
              > Lois Sparling

            • John Currie
              Message 6 of 24 , Apr 3, 2003
                Lois Please include my name. I attended a meeting or two last year and wish
                to get involved again.John Currie
                > I just sent out the minutes of the meeting of the Irish SIG. If you did
                > not get it, this means that you are missing from my emailing list. I
                > kind of lost the original list of Irish SIG emails so am re-doing it. I
                > am sure there are more Irish SIGers out there whose email addresses I am
                > still missing.
                >
                > Lois Sparling

              • Roberta Poole
                Message 7 of 24 , Apr 3, 2003
                  Lois, please add my name to your list as must try to get to bottom of some
                  my Irish roots!
                  Roberta Poole

                  > I just sent out the minutes of the meeting of the Irish SIG. If you did
                  > not get it, this means that you are missing from my emailing list. I
                  > kind of lost the original list of Irish SIG emails so am re-doing it. I
                  > am sure there are more Irish SIGers out there whose email addresses I am
                  > still missing.
                  >
                  > Lois Sparling

                • Elizabeth R. Strang
                  Message 8 of 24 , Apr 3, 2003
                    I woould like my address on the IRISH SIG list.
                    BETTE STRANG.
                    tHANKYOU.

                    http://www.afhs.ab.ca
                  • D & B Nugent
                    Message 9 of 24 , Apr 10, 2003
                      Lois Sparling:

                      Would appreciate being included on your Irish email list. Thanks.

                      Dennis P. Nugent
                      403-728-3126

                        Message 11 of 24 , Apr 12, 2003
                          Hi Lois:

                          Please add me to the list.

                          Thanks,
                          Eileen McElroy

                          At 08:58 PM 10/04/2003 -0800, you wrote:
                          >Dear SIGers,
                          >
                          >I just sent out the Minutes of the Irish SIG meeting again. Anyone who
                          >wants to be on the Irish (soon to be Irish & Scots) SIG and who did not
                          >receive that email, contact me.
                          >
                          >Lois Sparling
                          >

                          >http://www.afhs.ab.ca

                          http://www.afhs.ab.ca
                        • Lois Sparling
                          Message 12 of 24 , Apr 21, 2003
                            The Irish SIG will meet at Southminster United Church on Wed. April 23,
                            2003 at 7 pm. Lorna Laughton will talk to us about Irish Quakers. Lois
                            Sparling (that's me) will talk about Irish Methodists and the Irish
                            Palatines. Bob Westbury will be giving a book report.

                            http://www.afhs.ab.ca
                          • Lois Sparling
                            Message 13 of 24 , May 27, 2003
                              There will be no meeting of the Irish SIG tomorrow evening because of
                              the library move.

                              Lois Sparling