950Re: "Gangs of New York"

  • Phyllis Ziajka
    Jan 2, 2003
      Hi Ellen - thanks for the warning - I'll heed it!!

      Ellen Kinghorn wrote:
      Should anyone be contemplating whether to see the recently released "Gangs of New York", for its New York Irish historic content, this is fair warning ... to me it was a veritable bloodbath.  A lesson in butchering.
      I understand they took license with some facts, ( no surprise there) encapsulating some events into a ten year period or so (1846 and thereabouts).  But the violence was some of the worst I've ever seen onscreen.
      Better to READ about events, folks.
      Ellen Kinghorn
      Email: ellen@...
      WebPages: www.kinghorn.ca