68Re: Edmonton Cemeteries

  • Rene
    Aug 7, 2002
      Rob:

      Unfortunately, it's a fact of life - a case of supply and demand.

      When I first started to do research in 1981 I was able to obtain burial
      information from the cemetery in Leeds, Yorkshire where many of my people were
      buried for two pounds each request.

      Then without warning, many years ago now Leeds City Council decided to charge
      £25 per request - yes, twenty-five pounds sterling!

      Needless to say, I haven't submitted any requests since then.

      People who live locally can visit the cemetery office and look at the register
      free of charge.

      I might add that I have received a lot of useful information from the Saskatoon
      cemetery, free of charge. It all depends who is running the show I guess.

      Rene