      From: Southern California Genealogical Society
      [mailto:phinkel@...] On Behalf Of Southern California
      Genealogical Society
      Sent: December 18, 2011 12:17 AM
      To: pr@...
      Subject: ANNOUNCING 2012 Jamboree Extension Webinar Series

      ANNOUNCING
      2012 Jamboree Extension Webinar Series

      For Immediate Release December 18, 2011. (Burbank, CA)

      The Southern California Genealogical Society announces the return of the
      popular Jamboree Extension Webinar Series, which provides web-based family
      history and genealogy educational sessions for genealogists around the
      world.

      Speakers for the 2012 Series include many distinguished professional
      genealogists and family history lecturers.

      Sessions are held on the first Saturday and third Wednesday of each month.
      The first 2012 webinar on Saturday, January 7, 2012, will be led by Linda
      Geiger, CG, CGL. Linda's presentation is "Me and My Laptop: Getting the Most
      out of your Laptop while Researching Onsite."  Linda will share tips for
      making onsite research more efficient and productive using DropBox (or
      similar cloud) in conjunction with spreadsheets, word processing programs,
      genealogy software, and more.

      Webinars help extend awareness of SCGS and Jamboree around the world. In
      2011, the webinar series reached genealogists from 48 US states and 7
      Canadian provinces, as well as England, Wales, Ireland, France, United
      Kingdom, Algeria, Uganda, Australia, New Zealand and Israel.

      Jamboree Extension Series presentations will be scheduled on the first
      Saturday and third Wednesday of each month. Saturday sessions will be held
      at 10am Pacific time / 1pm Eastern time; Wednesday sessions will be
      scheduled at 6pm Pacific time / 9pm Eastern time.

      Full details and registration information for each session can be found on
      the SCGS website at www.scgsgenealogy.com.

      For more information contact:
      Paula Hinkel ( phinkel@...
      Vice President
      Southern California Genealogical Society
      417 Irving Drive
      Burbank, CA 91504
      818-574-8393
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic