      From: owner-dist-gen@... [mailto:owner-dist-gen@...] On Behalf Of Xenia Stanford
      Sent: October-29-11 3:40 PM
      To: 'Laura A Kirbyson'; 'Rene Dussome'; 'Wayne Shepheard'; 'Joan Miller'; 'Dist-Gen'
      Subject: RE: LAC

      This alarm bell was sounded for other collections and some turned out to be rumours too. That is what this is – a rumour or, worse, an attack/scare tactics. Every library and archives I know could use more funding. I used to be in the business myself (government, academic and corporate libraries and archives – then consultant to libraries/archives), so I know there are always institutions in jeopardy, but not LAC, which has been increasing holdings, indexing and digitizing records. They are reorganizing and have been for a number of years. I don’t think this means they are on the verge of collapse. In fact, I believe it is the opposite.

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic