  • Gord Hulbert
    Aug 27, 2011
      Amen.

      Regards,

      Gord Hulbert
      Email: Gordon@Hulbert.ca
      Home: (403) 240-4636
      Cell:    (403) 669-8384

      "If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop diggin'."

      On 8/27/2011 9:05 PM, William Campbell wrote:
      Hello folks:

      Whether we have been close to the heart of the AFHS organization recently or not, to know Heather was to know a true and selfless volunteer with a infinite passion for genealogy. Those who were privileged to know her will never forget her warm enthusiasm and tireless work for our Society. We have suffered an enormous loss.
      It is a sad day.

      Most recently Heather was the link between our Public Relations Committee, always serving faithfully on our Board of Directors.
      Whenever there was a call for volunteers to staff our display at a community event we could count on Heather to be the 'first response'. She did far more than her share to honour her membership in this fine Society.
      It is a very sad day.

      On August first she served for the full day with our engagement at Fort Calgary's Heritage Day. She so enthusiastically helped children and families create their first family tree. We parted in the afternoon with Heather expressing concern for her husband Andrew, with never a mention of any personal health concerns, but anxious to be part of the next AFHS community outreach.
      It is indeed a very sad day.

      We will miss you Heather, you have been an inspiration to us all.
      Rest in peace.

      BILL CAMPBELL

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic