6470AFHS 'LUNCH & LEARN' COMMUNITY OUTREACH

  • William Campbell
    May 23, 2011
      Hi All:

      A few weeks ago we sent out the appeal below.
      We asked for your support in identifying anyone within Calgary businesses who might be able to lead us to those responsible for arranging 'Lunch & Learn' sessions within their company.
      The response has not yet overwhelmed us!
      Even if you don't have the connection, perhaps a member of your family or a friend does.

      Would you be kind enough to give this some thought and let me know if you can provide a name, phone no. or email address that we can direct our offer to?

      Hi Folks:
      In order to achieve one of several new objectives aimed at growing our Society the Public Relations Committee needs your help.

      We are planning to offer our services to the business community in Calgary. Many corporations offer their employees participation in a programme often called 'Lunch and Learn'. These occasions are aimed at self development and range over a very wide range of topics. Our 20-minute 'Here's Looking Up Your Ancestors' is a perfect fit for these events.

      We are asking your support in locating responsible staff within the Human Resources Departments of those companies who might be interested in offering genealogy/family history as a component of their 'Lunch and Learn' programme.

      If you, your family, or friends can provide us with a name(s) of someone in an H & R Department of a business in Calgary we will make the offer of a free speaker to address the ever-growing subject.

      Our PR Committee looks forward to your help in support of our 30th Anniversary celebration. A name, a company and a phone number or email address would be most helpful.

      Thank you.

      Bill Campbell
      AFHS Public Relations

      --
      "People will not look forward to posterity who never look backward to their ancestors."   - Edmund Burke

      WILLIAM CAMPBELL
      CALGARY, Alberta, CANADA