6461Quebec birth

  • Rosemary Kry
    May 17, 2011
      Hi Everyone,
      I received the following query for AFHS.  My suggestion of the Drouin site did not yield an answer.  If you have any suggestions, please email Leslie Daniar  at    lesdaniar@...

       I am corresponding from Ontario and I came across your web site while researching my great grandfather's heritage.

      He was adopted (on 1881 census PEI) by Patrick Curley.  His name was John francis quin.  He later changed his name to Curley and immigrated to the USA.  Could find no record of his birth in PEI although this census states he was born in Fort Augustus PEI.
      I have found a link to a John  Quin 2 years old (his birth was 1869) living with a JOhn Given family according to 1871 Census from Vaudreuil Quebec.  Do you have any suggestions as how to access his official brith and possibly birth parents.  I am assuming he was just living with this family.

      I appreciate you reading this email and if you have any ideas as to where I could search it would be greatly appreciated.

      Thanks for your help.

      Rosemary
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic