6274Login Account for new Family Search Website

  • Marlene Roy
    Dec 19 8:51 AM
      I just wanted to let everyone know about my experience yesterday with the new Family Search website in regards to microfilm ordering/renewing.  I set up a userid and password about 6 weeks ago, so I could order a microfilm online.  I needed to renew the film yesterday and could NOT get my userid and password to work - the website kept rejecting it as 'invalid'.  I even tried the 'forgot my password' and 'forgot my username' links - nothing worked.
      So, I ended up phoning Salt Lake and here is what you need to do if you already had a account set up on their website ... you MUST set up a new one as follows:
      1. Go to the Familysearch.org website and click 'Sign In' in the top right corner of the Home page
      2. Select 'Register' near the bottom right of that page
      3. Follow the instructions to create a new accout ... the one trick is that you need to make the email address on the new account the SAME as the email address you used on the old account - this will ensure that all your film orders come over to the new account and you can then view, renew etc.
      It worked for me!
      Marlene Roy
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic