6204Re: Society of Genealogists

  • Wendy Hamilton
    Nov 5, 2010
      Hi Rene,

      That is great news that you can access FindMyPast at the Family History
      Centres free of charge. Thanks for the clarification on PCC wills.

      I am a member of the Society of Genealogists. The society has set-up a
      "Member's Area" on their website which will hold data from their library in
      the form of transcripts, indexes and PDF's of books and hopefully someday
      also images. The Member's Area listing can be accessed at
      http://www.sog.org.uk/membersarea/whatsavailable.shtml. The Society has
      contributed some databases to the Origins Network http://www.origins.net/.
      SOG members can access the SOG databases on Origins once at quarter (72
      hours). But, as you said Rene, the main advantage of membership is free
      access to their library in London. I haven't been but hope to get there one
      day.

      Regards,
      Wendy
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic