6184November 20 Ukrainian SIG

    Oct 26, 2010

      Hi everyone,

      If you are on the Ukrainian SIG list as well as on Dist-Gen, you will receive this twice. Better twice than not at all!

      Due to the number of people who are interested in attending and because some people have difficulty navigating the narrow steps down to the AFHS Library basement, there will be a change in venue.

      The date is still Saturday, November20, 2010 and the time will be from 1:00-3:00 p.m.

      The location will probably be the community centre at my condo complex. I will give the address and instructions to those who have expressed interest in attending. So if you have not RSVPed yet, please do.

      Our speakers will be Halyna Kravtchouk and her husband from Winnipeg. They have slides to show and will describe village life in Ukraine Then and Now. They can touch on the difficulties with records, but the main focus is cultural. I am working on a fuller description in time for the November issue of The Breeze.

      Although we are a special interest group of the Alberta Family Histories Society, anyone may attend. Just advise me if you plan to attend and the number of guests you will be bringing with you.

      Since we Ukrainians love to eat, we would encourage you to bring some goodies to share, if you can. (It does not have to be Ukrainian food, but we will not object if it is!) Coffee and tea will be provided.

      Xenia Stanford

      SIGS Contact: Ukrainian

      Phone: 295-3490