6172pdf file readers with searchable text feature

  • Charlie Hansen
    Oct 19, 2010
      On 18 Oct 2010 Judith Rempel wrote, in part:

      > The "free" and "shareware" pdf-making softwares out there may also
      > be able to make them searchable.  But if not, this may be one of
      > the reasons to buy the real thing.  I make many pdfs annually for my
      > home business, and so it's a business expense and helpful to my tax
      > situation as well. Smile. Perhaps that would work for you too.

      There are two programs that have been mentioned at Computer SIG meetings that have a search for text feature, as well as other useful features. Among the list of freeware from our Feb 13, 2010 meeting was Foxit. It is available at:

      http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/reader/

      I have recently been using a program called PDF-XChange Viewer, also known as pdfxviewer.  I prefer it to Foxit as it allows you to add comments, etc. to your pdf file and then save the modified file without a "watermark".  It is available at:

      http://pdf-xchange-viewer.en.softonic.com/

      This enable you to search and comment pdf files produced by your scanner.

      I hope this helps with scanning and seaching your paper documents.

      Regards,
      Charlie
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic