6029Losing Our Census

    Jul 5, 2010
      Hi everyone,

      I am thinking of changing the Culture and Customs theme to "Losing Our
      Census." I am looking for submissions that feature how census records helped
      you connect with your family roots or assisted you in your research. Also
      articles on any other census-related topic, such as why we need it, are

      Please flood my mailbox. The deadline for the October issue is August 1st.
      So please give us a strong issue to send to the powers that be.

      What to write and to whom to write our protests or have our voices heard is
      also an important aspect of this topic. I'm not sure if October is timely
      enough, so if you want to answer this issue briefly here on dist-gen, please
      do so.

      Xenia Stanford
      Editor, Chinook, 2008 Winner of the National Genealogical Society Local
      Newsletter Award
      Email; editor-chinook@...
      SIGS Contact: Ukrainian, M├ętis
      Phone: 295-3490; Fax: 274-0564