6015Re: Descendant Tree

  • Charlie Hansen
    Jun 22, 2010
      It is possible to create a custom descendancy chart with Legacy, although it's a
      cumbersome workaround.

      1) Use the tagging facility to tag the individuals you wish to include.

      2) Export the tagged individuals (with or without spouses) to a new Legacy (or
      Gedcom) file.

      3) Go to the new file and view and/or print your edited descendancy chart.

      It may be also possible to use the Gramps program to create a custom chart to
      do what you want, although I have not tried it.

      Regards,
      Charlie

      On 21 Jun 2010 Judith wrote:

      > I'm wondering if anyone knows of a utility to generate a simplified
      > descendancy chart. What I'm looking for will cleanly identify an
      > individual's descendants directly down to a specific person 4 or 5
      > generations below. Most charts exhaustively show all children and their
      > descendants in each generation. I'd like it to focus on my selected person
      > of interest in each generation and only show the siblings in barest terms (b
      > d dates/places and the surname they married perhaps).

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic