      From: graene Decarie <gdecarie@...>
      Date: Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 7:04 PM
      Subject: lullaby
      To: luxegen@...

      My mother was a Miller from Kilmarnock, and my grandmother a Miller from Muckairn. I have done some research on them. So I have an odd quesion.

      When I was a child, my mother sang a lullaby to me  in Gaelic. I remember it began wih words that sounded like Hayla, Hayle, Shayla.
      Yes later, I heard it on a recording, but lost it. The tune was he same, and the opening words sounded the same. It seems it was a highland work song for use as they soaked the wool, then pounded it dry on a table.

      It there a possibility anyone in you circle would know something of this?

      --
      Joan Miller
      Luxegen Genealogy