5839RE: pro genealogy training in Canada?

  • Laura A Kirbyson
    Jan 7, 2010

      Hi,

      I’ve been taking courses towards my Certificate in Genealogical Studies through the UofT/National Institute for Genealogical Studies.  The url is, http://www.genealogicalstudies.com/

      They do have different streams/foci so you will likely find courses that pertain to just what you’re looking for.  I do enjoy the program and they seem to have been very responsive.  They also have web chats for the different courses where you can pick the brains of the instructors.  I’ve found some of the courses to be pretty light and other to be very, very in-depth.  …fewer of the light, I must say.

      Good luck!

      Laura A. Kirbyson